Join us for a unique "book club, but for a movie" virtual gathering with the Culture First community. Just as book clubs delve into literature, we will dive into the world of film. This highly interactive community discussion will combine pop culture and the future of work. It's sure to venture beyond the conventional. In line with our mission to create a better world of work, we are inviting you to explore with us how societal notions of masculinity and femininity and systemic trauma shape our personal and professional lives. Inspired by the new Barbie movie, this 90-minute session will offer both structured perspectives from community members and open discussion.
- Engage with Thought-Provoking Topics: We'll delve into societal constructs of masculinity and femininity, examining how they tie into systems of power and oppression based on gender.
- Push the Boundaries: Our community is dedicated to exploring edgy topics that influence the future of work. This event is no exception.
- Community and Connection: Share insights, experiences, and learn from diverse perspectives in a safe and inclusive setting.
Preparing for the Discussion:
- While it's not a requirement, we highly recommend watching the new Barbie movie before the event to enrich your participation. If you haven't watched it, you're still more than welcome to join the discussion.
- We ask that you embody our Culture First principles (especially these three below) during this meaningful and what could be sensitive discussion.
- Fostering Belonging and Acceptance - We are all about creating environments where individuals can bring their unique experiences and backgrounds and feel seen, heard and appreciated for being themselves.
- Willingness to Reflect and Grow - We ask that you be willing to turn the mirror around on yourself and reflect on what you can do and the impact you can have to create a better world of work
- Courage to be Vulnerable - We can't guarantee a safe space, but we can create a brave space where individuals feel they can explore deeper levels of vulnerability.
- Bonus! Update your zoom background or wear something pink or Barbie inspired! 💖
Lastly, if the community enjoys this discussion, we have an intention of creating an ongoing "movie club" series as well as a chapter focused on creating trauma-informed organizations. If you are interested in being involved in either of these initiatives, please make sure to let us know.